Sunday, February 19, 2006

The single moment I felt it..

I went along with my mom to help deliver a cake the other day. I was half dead tired from the day before and having wake up at 7 on a sunday isn't very tempting either. I didn't know what type of cake it was or where it was being sent to; all i did was fall alseep in the car all the way there. When I got up, it looked like a 10-year old house, with the size of a semi-D house. It was those type where the entrance was on the 2nd floor. Nothing of even interest on the outside, it looked like any other house. But then I glimpsed at the cake, nothing short of a two tier cake. A wedding cake. A wedding cake at a place like this?

Dressed slopily in shorts and wrinkled shirt, I reluctantly went down with my mom, after just waking up from the nap in the car. At the entrance there was the bride, fully dressed in her gown and putting on makeup, assisted by two other girls. I didn't think much of it, except how ridiculous I look comparing to the place I'm in.. The guy who greeted us led us downstairs where the cake was to be placed. Then everything hit me, blank..

Towards down the stairs I walked, the faint smell of aroma candles became stronger, with the lights dimming yellow and flowers bloom everywhere. White ribbons decorated the journey down, and the sight below wasn't any less impressive. Long white tables, laced with white ribbons and the highest classy looking cutleries, seen only at the finest of restaurants. Candle light provided a warm glow at the table. Light serene music filled the background. For that moment I stood there, blank, and in another world. Through the door at the end of the room filled with tables, there were the magnificent wooden chairs fit for a king. The surroundings were so peaceful and decorated so nicely. It wasn't Earth I was on.

Then the groom appeared. He wanted to have a look at the cake. One way or another, he was happy with it, while making some jokes. Laughing and smiling, and the beautiful scenery around me made my life went past me that instant. Everything memorable that I've done in my life.. And above all, I remembered the only gal I've liked all my life.. What would have changed if I had done that, and done this, or not done that and not done this. What would be my future be like? It's a fool's game to regret or even ponders over his past, and I was become the greatest fool of them all. Even besides remembering her, there were other memorably memories.. Japan was one. Beta was one. My school classmates was one. Everyone I known for two years.. them who are split around the world by now..

In the end, I left quietly, not saying a word, but with many silent thoughts. It was a simple cake delivery. But it ended up being the single moment, that I felt my life alive.

------> -------> --------> --------> < ------- <------- <------- <----------
lol.. well it was a true experience, and i somehow thought of it into making a narrative story.. i don't think it was good at all, but rather pretty bad.. sigh.. i guess i still got a long long long way before im good at this at all...

Logging off,
Lawy3rz

0 comments: