Friday, June 19, 2009

To Malaysians, without hope.

Malaysians are predictable. The more articles I read from TheStar these days, the more convinced I am it is going down the drain. Their new article on the new locally transmitted H1N1 flu somehow really annoys the hell out of me.

As I said, Malaysians are predictable, if not gullible. It doesn't take too much effort to see how the general typical self-centered malaysians would act. Their instant reaction to this news is to curse that teen girl, curse people from Melbourne, and then only lastly curse the virus. Their favourite pasttime is to curse kick and complain without lifting a finger unless it benefits them.

The focus of this article was on this girl. Oh this girl is the very cause of our H1N1 problems! she spreads the virus locally to maybe 20 ppl! I can just begin to imagine the imaginary angry masses with torches and pitchforks chanting "burn her! burn her!" in the background. Oh please..

At the very least, they didn't release her name or any other details. But this blog post is about Malaysians, and the media. The thing is, where we should be hoping for her quick recovery, we are cursing her away.. No doubt if she was known to the public, she'd receive all kinds of threats by now, even death threats.

Of course all of this I'm speaking based on nothing but my very poor perception of the people, but judging that being a Malaysian myself, and if you are being honest with yourself about the general masses Malaysians, you would agree with me too.

I'm going to go back Malaysia in 2 weeks, and I swear none of them better give me any trouble.. Ive been looking forward to go back ever since I booked my flight. Now I'm dreading it for this very one reason.. Imagine, to go back home, I'd have to dread and fear the oh-so-paranoid authorities just too eager to maybe catch people incoming from Melbourne before they "import" in the virus.

So there, a piece of my very annoyed mind. My wishes goes out to her, and to all other people who have gotten sick to get well soon.

Logging off,
Lawy3rz

0 comments: