Friday, October 12, 2007

45nm. Where no man has gone before.

The 45nm are coming.. Thanks to the great guys back at Intel, honestly.. I had not ever expected it to be this fast.. or am I just plain outdated in today's tech world..

For those who have no idea what I am talking about, the new Intel Next Generation Core 2 Duo, using 45nanometer architecture will be the newest processor, boasting 20% increment in performance over the fastest available processors now. Read it off their website, dun sue me for negligent misstatement. omgtoomuchlawinmyhead.

I mean like.. I had completely no idea at all until I over-read an article that mentioned something else but briefly mentioned this. I was like.. Omg? The launch is a month away only!! and if I wanted a laptop, I wanted this to be in it. May not be able to afford the extreme editions, but I'll settle for the normal ones. Plus it has built in wi-max.. its just like wi-fi.. just... many thousands times wider (2-50km).. imagine 2-50km wifi range.. Mind-blowing and nothing less..

So yeah, hopes are dashed for a early laptop. But it will be worth the wait. There's also the PC PIKOM 2007 fair from 7-9 Dec at KL convention center, the one at KLCC if im not mistaken.. (well they had it there d last time).. I was hoping they'll be heavily promoting this new chip (hopefully ready and out by then- shud be if there are no delays), and then I'll get a good cheap laptop there.. Cross fingers.. Who knows, maybe there's a promotion that can beat even the mighty Dell, who beats all the other com dealers out there.

Hoping pretty hard..

Random Picture: Universal Studies in Japan, 2004!


Logging off,
Lawy3rz

0 comments: