Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Avatar game... sucks..

I should have expected it. Almost all the games based on movies suck so bad that there are no words to describe them. Among some I've played are 007, spiderman, batman, and the latest, avatar the game. Because the movie was bloody awesome does not necessarily mean the game is good. On the contrary, the game is really crappy.

It seemed a hell alot like Far Cry 2, which I never liked in the first place. This was taking far cry 2 but making it worse a thousand times.

The Storyline
Crappy. worse than crappy. its like they rushed through the entire game to get it released while the avatar craze is still going on. It feels so rushed, the entire game becomes laughable. The cut scenes are badly made, low quality, and again, feels rushed.

Camera
Whoever was working on the camera view of your character must have been totally drunk, because driving a vehicle both in the air and on the ground in the game makes me wanna puke all over my keyboard.

Ikran
I expected flying the Ikran to be a great part of the game. It feels like a flying mount in WoW, just a thousand f*king times more difficult to control. It's like they're making the gamer's life difficult on purpose. You know how in the movie the Ikran tries to KILL you? Oh in the game they SAVE your falling ass.

Quests
The quests are barely relevant to the storyline, and the development up to what should be the most important part of the game, which is choosing between the human size or the navi side, is terrible. Plus it was like those MMORPG games where you do quest, get exp, and level up.. like.. what? level up? When do I get like T6 gear?

Dialog
I swear my eyes widen and my mouth opened in disbelief when I realized how bad the dialog script was. The best so far has to be where the head scientist CALLS YOU a NOOB. epic fail.

Animation/Graphics
The surrounding graphics was good.. That means the forests, the sky the watever was pretty good. Except that some things clearly was terrible. Riding a horse or Ikran seems absolutely stiff, and they're supposed to make a bond with one of those antenna things, which was left out in the game.

I can go on and on but I should stop. What is most important in a game like this, I feel, is its storyline and plot development. Both failed horrible in Avatar the game. Ubisoft, you let us all down with some half assed game very obviously rushed, disappointing the fans of Avatar.

Logging off,
Lawy3rz

0 comments: